Saturday, November 24, 2007

BITCH-SLAP FROM GOD

haul one of those pictures out of your memory bank of an astronaut in that thing that spins them around and around reaching terminal velocity for training before they launch into outer space, the skin of their face stretched so far back that their wisdom teeth are visible, their eyes padded shut to save their retinas from dislodging. have you got it? well, that is what happened to me this morning when i stuck my head out my window to check if it was raining.

in my life i have never known such a thing! the wind hit me like an invisible tsunami! i was afraid i would be sucked out of my window like a passenger in a plane that had suddenly lost cabin pressure.

why is it in nature, and in all aspects of life really, the higher you go the thinner the tightrope becomes and the more damaging the fall? why does it have to be that way? it almost makes you lose hope and ambition to dream about anything anymore.

yesterday was summer. i was actually contemplating going to the beach on the weekend, i was feeling good and looking forward to the long hot summer that had finally arrived. i was contemplating buying a silver bikini! and i remember making a mental note to ask the caretaker not to forget to call his aircon contact for me.

but then, like a bitch-slap from God, i got the wind knocked out of me, just to remind me that i am NOT in control of the future and that God truely does laugh at our plans.

No comments: