Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SANDYRULZ 99% OF THE TIME...

the other 1% she does things like this:

we have a friend named Carl. and up until recently we had never known he was colored. we never suspected and he, even around Ivan who is also colored but makes no bones bout it, never owned up.

the only reason he had omitted to volunteer this little nugget of info up for us to include in our character profile of him, we concluded, was that he most likely wasn't cool with it himself. which we thought was rather funny because clearly none of us gave a shit. making colored comments TOGETHER with Ivan all the time. i guess that it must be noted for the record that Ivan is one really good looking, charismatic individual. even the most hardened A.W.B supporter's daughter would find it hard to resist Ivan. Carl has less self confidence. i mean he feels guilty for two-timing his shrinks by seeing both of them at the same time.

anyway, we love Carl and couldn't believe, but understood at the same time, why he hadn't parted with this info, and, in a moment of cheekiness, i saved his name as "Colored Carl" onto my cell phone.

MONTHS past and three of us were gathered at my place for a bit of a Mac tutorial - for me FYI, i'm still in Grade 0 and they're kindly (and extemely patiently) helping me to catch up.

i was concentrating hard as Prabashen was having a 1 + 1 = 2 moment with me when Carl noticed the little toy light bulb i had hanging off my cellphone. curious to see whether it lit up when it rang, he placed his phone about 2cm from mine and called me.

yes, a sharp intake of air required here.

Justin Timberlake's "My Love" blurted out at level 5 volume. the face of my phone lit up like Ellis Park Stadium in a night match. the words on the screen however, did not read "Justin"...

2 comments:

WRM said...

Oh, God that's funny. Hopefully if the guy ever reads this he'll love it.

Tyrone Probert said...

Heey Sandy C!
You make me laugh. Oh I do miss your rants! This is almost as /good/bad/lot less scary as bumping into you in the Hunts corridor;-)